Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Gentleman you cant fight in here, This is a war room.


Hi dee ho family! Sorry this week is a short letter.
So this week we had a chance to go out on the ISLAND, which is in our area. We have a lot of members that live out there. We got invited by a family that just moved in and they were excited to have us over. We talked a lot about how if we traveled out to the island more we could find more investigators (due to the fact that not a lot of Elders go out to the island). There is good reason that a lot don't go out there...it cost the big bucks. So we have planned to budget really tight enabling us to get out there maybe twice this week. Also our ward mission leader lives out there, SO we also decided to visit him. While we were there he fed us food and he watched TV...so I tried to spark conversation to get him back over towards us.

We had an opportunity to finally sit down with our ward mission leader. We talked about missionary work and also we talked about visiting less actives, so together with his wife we all went and
visited one super in-active (now is catholic) and said a quick prayer. Our ward mission leader wasn't too happy with her, in fact as soon as we showed up to her house he was quite rude with her. . and tried to get us out as fast as possible. Then afterword’s we went with him to visit some new members that moved in to our ward. It was good and we will be looking forward to meeting with that family again. Their little boy is freaking cute he was playing around with us and we had a good conversation.

Also with our investigators, we only were able to meet one this week. We met with him and things went great. We are in the process of teaching him the first lesson.  He goes to another church so teaching
him is going slow, he has lots of questions but he does keep the commitments we give him!^^ Also I don’t know if I told you too much about him but we have to travel to the sisters area (not close by) and teach him, however he only works there. He lives two hours away from the place he works, so we can only meet with him on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then he goes home for the weekend, soon we will have refer him to the Elders down there so that he can go to church, hopefully soon.

I’ve had some interesting encounters with members recently, this past week we finally had an appointment with Bishop at his house, and it was good. I convinced him to play the cello and violin. He played "I’m a child of God" then we had to go. I hoped that built some good relations with him. Also we tried to visit a family and give them a short message at the door. But when we called in advance the Father said he wouldn't be there but his wife and kid would be. So we went and we actually ended up blessing the wife's younger sister and her baby (they aren’t members but they were there) they had just told her that the baby was having a hard time eating food so we blessed the Mom and her child through a prayer. It was great to see the wife's faith in the priesthood.

We taught English class this week. I have been teaching the "beginners" class for some time now, and they are all 50-60 year old women who think they wanted real life situations, so then I taught them what to say in real life situation. But then they said that was too hard and wanted work sheets again, then finally this past week they just wanted to go into the "free-talking" class. So they left into that class, and I went
into the intermediate class. So usually we teach with two other elders at their church but...they went 30 mins over in another lesson so they didn’t show until late in the game. So the other two Elders were
supposed to teach the "kids" class and the "intermediate" class. So the natural solution...just combined them. Our classes were all over the place and it was just ugh that day. But hey, it was a good laugh I guess.


We have been trying to work with the members and nothing is working; only very few are getting involved. We passed around a paper (that I made) in Priesthood meeting on Sunday, and it basically asked "if you
have a scrap of time please write it down" only three members wrote on it...three. There excuse was, "we have no time" (Some of those who said that, we know they have tones more time than others).SO that was that. I just don't know anymore. And like I said before even our ward mission leader told us to use other members from other ward to help us teach. I just...yeah a lot of something has to be done here and I don’t know what.

Anywhoo don’t be like them. I know you aren’t them.
I love you all, keep the faith and May the force be with you.
--
Elder Beau J Sanderson