Saturday, July 6, 2013

Hey Mr. Donut Man, who's trying to kill ya? I don't know but they better not!

Hey family! Love ya
How goes it?

Let us get down to the details shall we?


This week has been an eye opener for me, on a lot of different realizations.

First on Monday after P-day we visited a member and her daughter because it was the mother’s birthday and the daughter had her birthday the week before so after a busy day we rushed to their house and gave
them a cake. They were so excited they wanted us to come in and eat it with them. However we already where running late to get home so we told them we just giving it and had to go. But they insisted on giving
some to us. The mother was running back and forth trying to give us more things and it took us forever to leave. But we got out and it was late so we had to call and give a report... Still worth it.

We also met another member who had an appointment with the just the sisters, but the day of she asked if we were coming too. So we had to bust on over to her house and she fed us some yummy dinner. Elder Lee and I expressed our thanks by washing the dishes.
Recently we have been meeting with more members than we have investigators this past week I just realized that.

Because we also met with a single member who took us to a meat buffet and man is he lonely...he kept talking about women and somehow the sister missionaries kept reacquiring in his little conversation... I
feel bad for the guy, because he is not married but I think he thinks that he has a shot with the sister missionaries, so we are working on that.

We also met with our American member, Brother Cutler he has been coming to our ward ever since he got off his mission, about 3 months ago, and he is leaving to go to Australia tomorrow so we met with him
one last time. To my surprise the sister's Unification church investigator came to say goodbye as well. We all ate pizza, played some fun games and then as we were all cooling off (by the way summer has hit here and it is deathly HOT) we got into a discussion about our beliefs, luckily Brother Cutler was there to help me because my companion could not understand everything (he tried really hard) and Sister Goodwin went somewhere else in the church while we cooled off. But I thought it went well. He was a really great help and we ended up talking about free agency and the light of Christ, this led into study the Book of Mormon. I don’t know if any of you have heard of the unification church, but the teachings are definitely...different. I
can tell you all about it later. So we had a discussion and I’m sure she learned some things. It was good.

This week we invite ted one of newest members that we picked up from English class, he is 16 and loves basketball. We invited him to come and practice with the young men for EFY tournament that is coming up. He CAME and he was a social butterfly. He took to these people like they were his childhood friends and he played hard. We played for a bit, but then we had to get ready for our other appointment. So when we
told him we were going, he didn’t want to leave so we had one of our young men’s leader give him a ride home. After that we had a desert night at an investigators house. For desert night we have two families
and an investigator. However this time we did it with one member family and one investigator family. This was our first time to do it, and let’s just say I learned a lot! So before we got there the sister called and said that only the investigator and her father would be there. So then we thought that was ok as long as bishop’s family was coming. So the sisters called bishops family to verify and it turnedout that the mother thought that only she was supposed to come... So she grabbed her kids and came over so now we were missing our bishop. Then we got there, The Father wasn’t there but the investigator had brought a friend... (By the way they are like 14 years old) So now it was us, the sisters, and bishops’ wife and her three boys all under the
age of 13, and the investigator and her friend who is also she. We tried to do some games but the friend ran into another room to play with a cat and our investigator was doing the same. Then soon the sisters started playing with the cat also. Elder Lee and I kind of got frustrated so we thought we should teach the lesson have the dessert and get out. We talked about the armor of God and I even tried to make it fun but to no avail. The investigator and her friend kept running back and forth playing with the cat. And then the Bishops sons joined in. So we just decided to end it by eating desserts, the ones we had made. I made mah famous EMERICA cookies, and the sisters went and bought ice cream and soda and tried their best to makes floats. We got ours as soon as possible, it was a slaughter. Also during that lesson our member ended up calling the investigator's friend a lesbian because she only had guy friends... We just wanted the day to be over by then.

But on a brighter side... On Sunday we had a lot of foreigners come to church. One of them was a return missionary, now married and living in Korean for a while. He was part of the high counsel; he came and gave
a great talk. And also our kid that came to basketball CAME TO CHURCH!!!!! So awesome!! We invited him Saturday night and he said, "Sure, but I only have time to come to worship" (sacrament) so we said
come on over. He thought it was cool that we didn’t have preachers and that there were a lot of foreigners at our church. I told him this is the most foreigners I have seen in a long time. Haha. Then he left and we ended up practice teaching a member who gave some good feedback and then went to priesthood meeting. There was also another American there. He did not know a lick of English he was here for work and came
with one of our members who is pretty good at English. So for entirety of priesthood I translated for him...SO HARD! I realized I don't know as much as I thought. Also as I was translating they asked him what he thought about the lesson. So I also had to translate what he said. It was so nuts. The crazy thing was, that everyone seemed to understand what I said. (Maybe). Then after church we had a quick missionary meeting with our bishop and busted in over to a members house. He was a less active for 10 years and just recently came back to church and he came strong. He loved having us there and we loved talking with him.

But yeah it was a crammed week this week, full of fun, adventure and sadness (sometimes)
Love you all, keep the Faith and may the force be with you.
--
Elder Beau J Sanderson