Saturday, July 6, 2013

Only Pop Music can save us now!


Hi family,

This week was just Bonkers!

We went to the TEMPLE, YES!!!! I love the TEMPLE!! It’s the best.  Isn’t it great that we have a building that we can do miracles in? You sign up, walk in and help dead people prepare to meet God. It’s GREAT!  After that we headed out to the shopping place!!  Whoo. So Goooood. Bought some ties because I did not know if I was staying in this mission or not. Oh by the way Transfer calls happened on Saturday, and this isn’t just the normal transfer call. This was the one to decide who would stay in the Seoul mission and who would go chill in the south mission. I will talk more about that in due time.

SO my English class was afraid that I would leave, which is a good guess because I have been serving in kyowmoon for 6 months therefore on Thursday my whole English class (I say mine because I’m the only one that teaches haha) past off their new song! Therefore I and my Comp had to dance... Its ok we practiced this one! So Look for the video coming soon...hehe.  After that they took us to an awesome duk kalby house. It is a pork house. SO amazingly delicious. We had so many people we had to two tables put together and another two right behind us. So to make all tables happy I bounced from one table to another eating all there meat. It’s not that I didn’t want to but that was a lot of meat and they just kept feeding me...Afterword’s I was so Blugh. But it was great they made like five toast saying their goodbyes to me. Whoo I hope I didn't start my own cult out of English class. One of the members Angela (a 40 something year old woman) is devastated that I’m leaving she has giving me two letters and a necklace and hasn't stopped texting me in the last two days. However I did get her to come to church that was cool. She has been an investigator since Gordan B. Hinckley came to Korea. She said she saw him before with other missionaries. So that was nuts.


So I gave my goodbye talk in church the other day, (Oh yeah, I’m Going to Soul South Mission ) and I felt like my Korean wasn’t up to par but he could at least understand. I hope. After that all the members swarmed me and my companion to get in one last appointment with us. We are booked! Even our lunches and almost breakfasts are booked. It’s absolutely crazy. On Sunday we ate dinner with one of my favorite families. He was the kid that I taught for him to be baptized. The family is the best. They fed us so much food and had a great spiritual meeting, followed by a difficult game of Uno with a 4 year old haha. She was the cutest. She kept asking for me to come back and to come next time. It was hard for me to tell her that I couldn’t. She just didn’t understand. It was a real crazy moment to realize how much I’ve come to love these people. Then on Monday we had a dinner appointment with our bishop and his family...So much meat! But I Love that family too. I will miss them. Their kids had no idea what was going on. So I said goodbye and yeah...

Our investigators that we have found are absolute amazing. Our English class boy that we are teaching we sat down and talked to him about church and he said he likes going but every time he goes the preachers or someone asks him for money. And he hates it. We asked him why he goes and he said "Because I believe in God and Jesus Christ. That's why". Being a 16 year old boy in Korea and having that belief is really really rare. We were blown away and we talked with him for a bit about our church he seemed to like that. And agreed to start coming.

But that seems to be our crazy week I’m sure I’m missing something but I’m not sure my mind is all over the place. From this transfer.

I love you all
Keep the faith and may the Force be with you.
--
Elder Beau J Sanderson