Happy Freedom Day
everybody! Being in Korea for the 4th is not as fun as you think. But hey every day
is mission so it don't matter none.
So "The King" is in the Seoul South Mission!! And he is a handsome devil too. Haha I love my new president and so far it’s been amazing too work with him, for example we had a huge blessing head our way this week. I had recently called two female past investigators and we called one of them up (because the other was in America [YEAH AMERICA]). So we called her up and she was stoked to meet, and she said she would bring a friend! We were excited, but in our excitement we forgot to look for members to teach with. In our mission if we meet with any female you HAVE to have a male member there with you. (The missionary before me failed to do that with members and investigators) So I’ve had to battle that out. But we remembered two days before the appointment and I started calling crazy-like. I luckily found a female young adult to teach with but we needed a male, so I called my mission president to see what to do and he told me "to think about it".. Well I freaked after that and started to call other members but before I could even ask, they all said, "No", or "I have no time to meet investigators". So I thought we were doomed. However thanks to our loving young single adults (all women) they informed me that one male 독 had just got a 2 day break from his Army service. They called him and he called me and we got the whole thing figured out and it was an amazing lesson, soo perfect. It was such a huge blessing. I couldn't stop thanking the Lord and the member who was only out of military service for 2 days and gave 2 hours to us. He is one of our best members...and he is the Army, who knows if I will see him again.
We also had an awesome meeting with the pres. on the 4th (AMERICA). It was great to meet him. After "our meet the pres." meeting on the 4th (AMERICAS BIRTHDAY!!), we headed towards home and didn’t know what else to do that day (to be honest we thought the meeting was going to go for much longer). So we decided to visit a brand new investigator, the one we had met by him inviting us into his house while we were walking down the street. I think I told you about him, pink clothes and pink hair. We talked for a bit and introduced the Book of Mormon and he said he would call if he was interested. But we did receive a call, so we decided to go and visit him. We went to his house and we were greeted by his old Dog, cat, and his big smile. We were welcomed in and we sat downed and talked we talked about the Book of Mormon and also that led into the plan of salvation. He had told us that his wife had died three years ago, and so we took the opportunity to tell him we can help him. So we gave him another one of our cards and also we finally got his number! It was so cool. We will meet with him this week. He was really excited and even said that he had been pondering a lot of the questions that deal with the plan of salvation. I can't wait to teach him. However I think it’s going to be slow and steady.
Also I have been getting to know our members little by little they have invited me and Elder Mclean out to their houses and we have been getting to know them, however for some reason there is a sense of
awkwardness. They still can't let go of the Elder that was here before me and it’s no good. Haven’t really received anything here, they are all about food...but no love coming our way, its suckish.
Oh and the Rain has come and man will the rainy season be BAD! I can't wait!
But that’s the low down from Korea, Thank you so much for your loves I love you all, keep the faith and may the Force be with you!
--
Elder Beau J Sanderson
So "The King" is in the Seoul South Mission!! And he is a handsome devil too. Haha I love my new president and so far it’s been amazing too work with him, for example we had a huge blessing head our way this week. I had recently called two female past investigators and we called one of them up (because the other was in America [YEAH AMERICA]). So we called her up and she was stoked to meet, and she said she would bring a friend! We were excited, but in our excitement we forgot to look for members to teach with. In our mission if we meet with any female you HAVE to have a male member there with you. (The missionary before me failed to do that with members and investigators) So I’ve had to battle that out. But we remembered two days before the appointment and I started calling crazy-like. I luckily found a female young adult to teach with but we needed a male, so I called my mission president to see what to do and he told me "to think about it".. Well I freaked after that and started to call other members but before I could even ask, they all said, "No", or "I have no time to meet investigators". So I thought we were doomed. However thanks to our loving young single adults (all women) they informed me that one male 독 had just got a 2 day break from his Army service. They called him and he called me and we got the whole thing figured out and it was an amazing lesson, soo perfect. It was such a huge blessing. I couldn't stop thanking the Lord and the member who was only out of military service for 2 days and gave 2 hours to us. He is one of our best members...and he is the Army, who knows if I will see him again.
We also had an awesome meeting with the pres. on the 4th (AMERICA). It was great to meet him. After "our meet the pres." meeting on the 4th (AMERICAS BIRTHDAY!!), we headed towards home and didn’t know what else to do that day (to be honest we thought the meeting was going to go for much longer). So we decided to visit a brand new investigator, the one we had met by him inviting us into his house while we were walking down the street. I think I told you about him, pink clothes and pink hair. We talked for a bit and introduced the Book of Mormon and he said he would call if he was interested. But we did receive a call, so we decided to go and visit him. We went to his house and we were greeted by his old Dog, cat, and his big smile. We were welcomed in and we sat downed and talked we talked about the Book of Mormon and also that led into the plan of salvation. He had told us that his wife had died three years ago, and so we took the opportunity to tell him we can help him. So we gave him another one of our cards and also we finally got his number! It was so cool. We will meet with him this week. He was really excited and even said that he had been pondering a lot of the questions that deal with the plan of salvation. I can't wait to teach him. However I think it’s going to be slow and steady.
Also I have been getting to know our members little by little they have invited me and Elder Mclean out to their houses and we have been getting to know them, however for some reason there is a sense of
awkwardness. They still can't let go of the Elder that was here before me and it’s no good. Haven’t really received anything here, they are all about food...but no love coming our way, its suckish.
Oh and the Rain has come and man will the rainy season be BAD! I can't wait!
But that’s the low down from Korea, Thank you so much for your loves I love you all, keep the faith and may the Force be with you!
--
Elder Beau J Sanderson
