Sunday, July 7, 2013

Spatula City, Spatula City, we sell spatulas...and that's All.

Hi family!

Well it’s been a crazy week this week! As you know we had a bunch of meals with my members before I got transferred.  It was so fun; I love them all so much. I have spent many prayers and tears for them. I was sad to goばばBUT HEY, I’m loving Gajeong and my new companion is great. His name is Elder
Mclean. He is quiet a lot but that’s ok, I talk enough for the both of us. When it comes to Korean he is not afraid to talk. And I like that.
My ward is small again....yaaaaa. Small ward it’s just like sodaemun (my greenie area) again. And oh yeah...we don't have a church buildingばば. So we share a building with another ward...that is an hour away by bus. So right now I am trying to get the members into missionary work, but they all are busy. This week I made a paper to hand out to our ward and it just asks for them to put if they have any time during the week on it. I showed it to the bishop and he said "no one has time", basically shot the idea down. SOOOOO I’m moving on to prayer cards this week! Let’s get it going. I’m feeling a lot of pressure because now I’m replacing an Elder who was here for 11 months! And he built massive amounts of friendship and now he is gone. And all that friendship left with him...I’m doomed. I have some ideas that will really help this ward hopefully. Right now I’m just supposed to visit members and less actives right now, just like that Elder did...and now after Sunday we have no investigators. Because we had a BAPTISM!!!!! Whoo! I walked into it, but Elder Mclean and I did all of the preparation work. It was hard. We even cleaned the baptismal font. But yeah that is kinda what we are facing right now... The Elder who was here for 11 months came back to perform the baptism and so all the members where all over him saying they missed him and it was crazy. It was a fantastic welcome to the ward party, but hey,
that day was not about me at all. It was about our baptismal candidate. She was so happy and it was really cool experience.

In my ward we have two people who are deaf, and right now they are meeting with some other members from another ward that are also deaf. I have been blessed to be able to learn a little Korean sign language while on my mission and so I was able to introduce myself that was it. After that they got so excited and started signing at me like crazy I didn’t know what to do. So now I am studying Korean sign language!!

But yeah that has been most of the excitement for this week sorry this letter is short but hey, I still love you all.

Keep the faith, and may the force be with you. Party on!
--
Elder Beau J Sanderson