Hello Good Dear sweet family!
So let
see this week might just be a little short one (teehee)... maybe
So
things in the mission have been bumpin! We have been moving along with
our member massage cards and they seem to be working. A lot of our members
seem to enjoy or at least say thanks for the message, although they
were not too happy about the fact that we just left a card and didn't
say "hi". So almost 80% of them said, "Next time, Knock and come in!"
haha so we agreed! We hope that through
this they will begin to move
forward into missionary work. We had to get them to start inviting
us into their houses. And it’s WORKING! Now on to stage two of my
magnificence plans... (Yet to be discovered). However this week we have
been quite lucky to be invited by some of our members and even less-actives,
to come over and have dinner with them. We had a cool experience
with a certain family that I had felt inspired to ask and
see if
we could visit them. By their records we could see that no missionary
in our area had visited them at their house. So on Sunday I asked
them. The Father was shocked and the Mother almost jumped out of
the
roof with excitement. They’re asked to see if I was asking correctly
and then they told me that their house was two hours away by bus. I
told them we didn't care about the bus and we just wanted to
visit.
So after District meeting me and Elder McLean left on our EPIC journey!
It was a blast. We got there and the family took us to a restaurant
where they fed us duck and it was yummy as yummy could be! Then
they took us on a tour of where they live, we also went to an old Korean
Watch tower by the sea. It was Wizard!
On
investigators and things, we have one investigator Sister Kim that we
have been trying to meet for 2 weeks now but she keeps putting off the
appointments. We haven't even met her once but I really want to
meet
her because she is a member referral and I’m trying to go through the
roof with them! Speaking
of referrals my Zone leader (Korean) has family in my area and
referred that family. We visited and they told me they don't have gospel
interest but the mom has plenty of free English interest for her
sons, looks like we will be doing the Family English Program with them.
I DON'T LIKE TEACHING ENGLISH. I can’t even speak it anymore but
for them I will do it.
So now
the BIG NEWS...transfer calls! They came and McLean is going and I
am staying and I am picking up my son AGAIN!?!?!? Elder Roberson
is coming back home to live with pops. Other missionaries are
not playing nice so his missionary work method is going down.
Almost making him want to go home. So President, because he cares for
Elder Roberson thought it would be good if he came back to his daddy!
I can't wait! We are going to do work!
But
yeah that's it for the hunky Dory letter of the week! I love
you all, keep the faith and may the force be with you. Don't
forget to send pictures of you and videos please!
Aug 18, 2013