Well
Golly Gee Willikers, family.
I’m glad to see family
is doing good and happy.
This week has been a
nuts-o one for sure.
Early on in this week
Mr. Kim dropped us...sad day it was. We kinda saw it coming. We
realized he was only talking to us for English so we invited him
to English class. Also this week two typhoons showed up in Korea.
Don’t worry they did little damage and they didn't even do anything
where I live so I’m good. I’m kinda bummed because if it would
have done something we would have busted out our helping hands shirts
and gone to work. But nothing. We actually had to stay inside one
whole day, and it killed me!
Then the next day we
met with our ward mission leader. I don’t know if I have told you anything
about him, but he is 83 years old, calls us 3 times a day to
speak English to us, and meets with us 3 times a week so we can teach
him English. He tries to help out with mission work but mostly he just
wants the "free English" program. He made up his own program
called the 50/10 program (came from the 30/30 program), it 50 minutes English
10 minutes gospel. We have repeatedly told him over and over that we
don't even do the 30/30 program but he doesn’t want to understand. He is really
really stubborn. In Korea if you are old you are king, and what you say goes
to anyone younger than you. So two little ol missionaries telling this 83 year
old man that what he wants is wrong, is not what flies in Korea. Haha, but we
work every day to try and get the members to reach out to others but they are
all old and stubborn. Oh well doesn't mean we won’t stop trying.
Also this week we have
two new investigators that are actually dedicated to finding the
truth I can’t wait! We almost have a baptismal date with one we have only met
twice. He wants to get baptized, he just wants to know for sure that this is the
true church. Blessings are pouring in from our Lord God!
Also, along with all
the Korean that I am learning I am also
learning Korean Sign language! It is so much fun, its helping me
learn Korean faster. How we are learning it is through an
investigator that is deaf, we have a deaf branch in another part of our
district so other missionaries where teaching him (he got baptized) and
we learned from Him.
Well that
is basically all that is been going about her in Korea. Never a moment
that is boring here.
--
Elder Beau J Sanderson