Well
family another one bites the dust. Ah man time flies.
Sorry today might be a
small letter I will try to drag it out. Haha
On Monday we went
to a toy store with the sisters and it was fun...nothing to scream about. Haha
Oh I don't know
if I have been telling you this but I been teaching my English class
(I have gone back to teaching free talking) the song "Top of the
World" by the Carpenters and I'm going to get them to have the
song completely memorized in two weeks. If they get it memorized Elder
Roberson and I will dance while they sing to the song...so look out I might be
sending a video your way soon.
On Wednesday we
went on splits and I was with a Korean...again, after that I realized how
much I love having an American companion because boy oh boy do Koreans think so
much differently than we do. It was annoying at times but it was nice to have
someone who can speak the language...haha.
Then while we were on
splits we were invited to a dinner with members and the wife was making a fuss
on how Americans don't like to eat Korean food and all
she makes is Korean food. That entire night I ate more than anyone on
that table (2 out of 6 people where Americans) and I pounded her food. It was
so yummy. But the two couples were just happy to have the sisters at their
house than anything. So we let the sisters be loved and kept quite, ate food,
and listened. Haha
I’ve
noticed that's been happening but it makes sense. The sisters that
just came in have been getting a lot of love, I see why. The ward has wanted
sisters for a long time, and now that they have arrived, we take the work and
they get loves!! I like it that way, means I can just keep working and no one
will be watching because they care for the sisters, haha.
Still doesn't mean we don't work with the members. Even
though the sisters were warm welcomed, I definitely work my way with the
ward. I worked long and hard to get them to realize I am a missionary
of God. So all the time members will call us for help and I love when
they do, it makes me so happy to serve and help and build others. I love my
ward sooo much.
Also speaking of my ward,
our stake president came to have a meeting about missionary work and he told
the Ward missionary leader (who wasn't at the meeting) to be helping
more. He said a lot of other things that was really helpful for missionary
work. I was happy they helped us out with that.
Speaking of missionary
work we have been going through some fun times lately...yeah fun. Actually
all of our investigators have dropped us. For some reason or another, at first I
had no idea why. Then I found that the Lord just had to see how we would do
because right now I can see the miracles. They dropped us
last Friday and we have a possible new investigator that
contacted us this morning!!! SO cool. Not to mention it was right
after General Conference. Which was AMAZING!! By the way I loved the
theme of conference I complacently agree with
the brethren about families and how important each role is and how Satan
is working his hardest to destroy everything that is most sacred with life. We
always need to be on a constant look out for our families
and those we love. If you know
anyone that through this gospel their families could be helped please don’t be
afraid to let them know about this gospel and our beliefs. I love this
work and I love this Gospel. I wish I
could do so much more too help it flourish and grow, but I am only a man. As
Alma the greatest missionary said, “Oh that I where an Angel..." I too
wish I could be one. That could go from nation to nation declaring repentance
unto all. Because I know that this work is true and that The Gospel is the
Gospel of Jesus Christ and that through the prophet Joseph Smith we can have
these things in our lives today. I love this Church so much. We are strong as
one! One under God. Never let feelings of untruthfulness
or unrighteousness let you forget this truth. This Church will help you
raise your children be stronger and upright people. Times suck.
Doesn't mean the church does. ONLY through Christ and his
atonement can one feel fully loved and understood. ONLY through him can we and
our families be truly happy.
I write these things
as a 20 year old man serving his God in Korea, who has never had children of
his own or been in charge of a family. But nevertheless the light of
Christ is in all of us. We know what is of God; it is given to all of
us to know. So again I say this, as a man without these experiences, but
in my name "Elder Beau J. Sanderson" I sign my testimony, that Jesus
is the Christ, our Savior. Heavenly Father is our glorious and eternal
Father, He will never forget us. That Joseph Smith is the restorer of this true
church of Christ. And that the Book of Mormon is the
Holy record of Gods dealings with the ancient American People, and
that inside the book is Christ's Gospel and The Lords Marvelous plan
of Salvation. Until the day that my agency is ripped from me, will I never
deny these things. And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, our
beloved brother. Amen!