Hello
family!!!
It’s that wonderful time again can
you believe that I almost hit my year mark!!! Come the 4th... by the
way HAPPY EASTER!!
Well time to recap
this fun week.
We got the sisters
into our area and already the ward wants us to leave. They are just
really happy that they have sisters now, that’s all.
Then we have been
going together to a lot of dinner appointments with members, who just feel like
they need to invite us over because we might feel bad if they just invite the
sisters. That will stop soon.
But I
am very very grateful to the members who invited us in and
are now giving two sets of missionary’s food!! That’s a
huge sacrifice and I know they will be blessed. Really nice people I
just wish I could be a good enough missionary to help them. working on it!
So recently I have
been teaching the kids class in our English class, and its hoots of fun! We
learn and play games!!!! Whoo! That’s what I love to do. Besides learning, speaking of playing games, this week a return missionary just came back to this
ward from serving somewhere else in Korea and so we had a singles night where we
were invited to eat together and play games. It was fun. I feel like now that
we keep having return missionaries the more the pressure I get!! So
that’s always a blast. HAHA.
There is always some
good highlight to these Emails though they are not all sad and
depressing.
We randomly met with
old drunk guy on the street who would not let us leave. He had to recall the
entire Korean War and give us hugs and spit on me and kisses mine and Elder
Roberson's hands.
Through his ramblings I
learned many new words that don't need to be repeated in
this life or the next. And I felt like I need a deep long lasting shower. But
the guy was nice to us and he really liked Americans. He kept talking
about how North Korea sucks, and it was about that time that my companion
thought it was necessarily to point out a smoke cloud in the sky,
from a fire. And boy o boy did that guy freak out!! He saw it and started
yelling and stating that it was North Korea...whooo, we literally where with
him for a half hour. Trying to get free from his hugs and kisses. I eventually
said "Ok, you have arrived at your destination. We will see you
later!" That didn't work so we told him we had an appointment and we need
to go. He almost came with us if he didn't have somewhere else to be. The best
part was that when we were done talking with him... It was 1 in the
afternoon...ah I love the Word of Wisdom.
This past week none of
our investigators had time to meet so we are doing a lot of finding, and
talking! But because our investigators didn't meet with us they did
not come to church and that kind of made it a bummer. Not to mention our
baptismal candidate who canceled his dates twice,
for really out of no where reasons. He did not show up, even when we
called members to give him a ride to church. He decided not to pick
up his phone when I and the members called. So he is saying he is getting a lot
of guilty feelings from the members (keep in mind he has only been to church
once) and that he is afraid to go. And all this time I have been battling with
my ward mission leader about it and he refuses to accept the fact that we
know what we are doing. Grrrr... It’s hard to work with the ward when they
don't want to work with you. But through this whole thing we can see that
he still needs to figure some things out before he gets baptized.
Then also on
this Sunday we had a meeting with all the ward missionaries and our
ward mission leader they told us what they wanted from us and we sat there
and listened and we understood the things that we needed to do. So they
gave us a list of people to work with and a goal of baptisms they want. So
we will go and do. I guess.
But then afterwords we had to hurry and meet our old man who lives one hour away by train so we could
talk with him and give him the sacrament. On our way there, a random old
white grandma came from nowhere and sat next to me, I thought she was going to
be a sweet old grandma that just wanted to talk about cookies and grandma
things...NOPE. We made small talk, and then she looked over and this lady on
the subway (who sat across from us) pointed at me and Elder Roberson and said 이단 which in Korean means
cult. She just sat there and repeated the word over and over (thinking we didn't know what the word meant) trying to convince a
random Korean lady that we were part of a cult. Little did she know that
we had previously talked with that random Korean lady and she was really happy
to see us. She was excited that we knew Korean thought that we were nice
fellows. So after the white grandma is yelling "ee dan" (how it’s
said) at her she just said "I don’t know" and tuned out. Haha, but
then the old grandma went through and tried to tell me what I believe. So it
was quite amazing to see how much of our
simple doctrine can answer some
really ridiculousness questions. We ended up reading the Book of
Mormon together and we showed her the 13 articles of faith (I
love those by the way). Honestly I can say we may not have changed
her religion but we sure cleared up some confusion. I gave her my
small English Book of Mormon and a card, I told he that
"we didn't have a big English one at that time but if she wanted
she could call us and we would be happy to give her one." And the whole
time I did it I never raised my voice or lost the smile on my face. My mind
kept telling me to smile for some reason. And the story goes on. That
Korean lady that was on the train... we ended up accidently following her to
the same exact hospital!! She looked behind her and she yelled back "Are
we still traveling together?" I said "I guess so" and she
started talking with us. We told her we were visiting a hospital and she said
the same. She was surprised that we were good at Korean and after we had
arrived, our member was sitting in a wheel chair right outside the door to great
us, like a happy old bull dog. That lady was able to see us be happy
to those who called us a cult and eventually see us greet an old
member and treat him as the Lord would. Honestly I felt this Easter Sunday to
be the best one of my life. Actually understanding the Lord and his work. And
living it in my life. It was such an amazing feeling. The Old man was really
happy to see us and he told us that he is getting a new leg that will make it
easier for him to come to church!!!! So he is really happy, and is really
thankful for the blessing we gave him. As we can tell he is getting better and
healthier. And he was hitting on one of the nurses there trying to get a kiss
from her! Hahaha I love that old man!
So that is the crazy
for this week I hope you all enjoyed it.
Tana and Ricqui I need
pictures of you and your family. I’m showing outdated pictures here.
I love you all keep
the faith and may the Force be with you.