Monday, March 18, 2013

I'll Die If I Miss Scooby Doo


Hello Family! How is everyone?
This week was fun we had some interesting things that happened to us.
This Tuesday we had the chance to go to the temple and it was Elder Roberson's first time. It was very interesting, I feel that I’m just retracing my steps whenever I am with him. He is kinda being a hassle, but we are working on it, He is also struggling with talking with others. He needs to get there and I’m trying to help him with it. Anyhow he is very excited to talk with people; just not in Korean sadly... we are working on it. Anyway after the temple we met with my old ward mission leader Brother Hahn from my greenie area! He fed us some interesting lunch that was really good and at the same time...you could taste the price of the food, and let’s just say it wasn't a 10 dollar meal. I’m not saying he needed to buy us rich food, but was grateful he thought of buying anything for us at all.  Then afterward’s we went around and shopped for ties and other things,by the way Braiden will be delivering those to you all shortly. After that we had to rush back home to teach English class. That was fun, I told our English class members that if they did their homework I would show them how to make "smores" so we had smores...So FREAKING good!! And our English class loved them. It was fun to bring a little different culture into Korea.
Then on Wednesday we made a goal to talk with everyone, and guess what happened. The first guy we talked to we got a phone number and return appointment!  He said that one of his buddies is Mormon and he kind of wants to find out more. So we are in the process of getting a hold of him. Then after that we ended up talking to a whole bunch of people on the sub way. They all got interested and we got talking to them all. It was nuts! We handed out two Books of Mormons and tried to get return appointments or numbers but we had to get off ばば
Then on Thursday we got a random call from a past investigator and he said he wanted to meet. So we set an appointment for that day and we met with him. After we met with him we left that whole meeting feeling spiritually unclean...during the meeting we found out that this guy is trying to find ways of "ancient prayer (secret combinations) to summon the spirit of God to help other people resolve conflicts in their future. Basically a fortune teller. He told us he liked to study religion and use different things from all of them. We then taught him the true order of prayer which he didn't really grasp, except for the middle part of the prayer where you can ask God for things of your heart. He took that as getting revelation for someone else...and he prayed for me so I could find out what I’m going to do after my mission...guess what everyone!!! I’m going to be a social worker!!! No, no I’m not. 
Then on Friday we ran into Braiden and had some delicious lunch with him. Man he is almost, Asian sometimes. He ate better than my son. I still swept him under the rug but...anyway it was nice seeing him. We might see him again soon...
Then on Saturday, We did a service project and hauled 100lbs cement bags up three flights of stairs, 16 TIMES!!! It was fun though, then afterwards our member, bought us lunch. SOOOOO good! It was noodles, soup, and clams! My companion didn't enjoy it that much but he tried, he is slowly adjusting. He needs to do it faster, haha. 
Then on Sunday we had a new investigator and her two children come to church!  Their first time was weird but they did well. It didn't really help that our fist councilor gave a 55 minute talk. You could see everyone getting sleepy. And so our two investigators that showed up were kind of getting restless. Meaning that right after sacrament they booked it out of thereばば. Also this next week we have a baptism coming up on the 24th his name in Lee Jong Meen. He is the boy from the school, and we are getting him baptized!!!! Whooo please pray for him! We need help with him right now. Then after church we took a member with us to go give a blessing to one of our old members in a hospital 1 hour away!! By train! We went there and gave him a blessing and then as we were traveling back home the member called his mom and asked if we could come over for dinner...we were shocked by we appreciated it. Then he invited us over to help with family home evening tonight he loves missionaries and missionary work, he is also pretty funny guy. I’m glad he will be in our ward for a little bit until he goes to America soon.
Anyways that's what happened this week, sorry I will try and make it more spiritual next time we didn't really have time todayばば
I love you all, keep the faith and May the force be with you.