Monday, March 18, 2013

You have to write in 10 words what Cornflakes mean to you. So I wrote: Cornflakes. Cornflakes. Cornflakes, Cornflakes, Cornflakes. Cornflakes, Cornflakes, Cornflakes, Cornflakes, Cornflakes.



Hello family!
Missionary time has picked up and I realized that:
        1. This week went by super-fast and 
        2. My mission has gone super-fast (come April 4th I will have been on a mission for a year) AND I STILL          FEEL LIKE I DON'T KNOW KOREAN ばば
Any-who...
I shall recap this week in an exciting manner.
So on Monday for P-day we had to go up to the north tippity top of the mission, and get my greenie's foreigner card. And while we were up there we saw A TON of soldiers just chilling at a Mickey Ds (we were enjoying a healthy lunch there) and we ran into a member who said that one day he will get us dinner!! WHOOO! Also after meeting him, I and my greenie got a smart idea to see if we could get on the base. Elder Roberson's father is military so it could happen. But to make long story short some things didn't work out and we called the military missionary couple and they came and helped us out. We wanted to get some good ol American food but we can’t buy stuff on Mondays in the base. So the awesome military couple bought us Taco Bell!! It was yummy and awesome! I enjoyed every minute of it. But yeah that was fun.
Then on Tuesday my companion and I taught English class and at the end I had to give the Gospel message all by myself and....everyone understood! And to make things more intense the bishop and his family were there, so no pressure. My companion enjoyed teaching English because he could actually do some teaching. And everything worked out!
Then on Wednesday we had a surprise call from our visiting home teaching coordinator and he reminded us to go visit a member that is 74 years old and in a hospital 1 hour away by train. At first we thought we were going to visit him on Thursday but I’m glad he called to remind us. So we had time to get to his hospital and visit him.  He referred some of the people that are in the same room as him and we talked and introduced ourselves, then all the people he referred us too were in a lot of pain and needed sleep,  so we ended up talking to our member and we found out that he has been in a whole bunch of different hospitals for 5 years and it’s been hard for him to go to church, and that he is really really lonely. So Elder Roberson and I decided to do the good ol' American "shut in" program, I will talk more on that when Sunday approaches.
On Thursday we went on exchanges with zone leaders. I stayed in my area and Elder Gillis came over and Elder Roberson left to join an Elder Coats in ZLs area. It was an interesting exchange because when I thought I was doing really well in Korean Elder Gillis came in and I felt like a child again (with speaking). Gillis and I had to crack down on two of our investigators "So Gang Ook" and "Lee Sir Gee" they were referred by a member and we found out that member is telling them not to get baptized or keep their commitments or come to church. OUR MEMBER!! So we are going to crack down on him today. We can’t be having this at all. But on a better note on that same day we had gators throwing themselves at us. A random guy, me, and Elder Gillis trying to find a house. The random guy told us, "I have nothing to do today I will help you".  We walked all the way across town looking for inactive members and then after that we invited him to our English class, The whole time he was trying to speak English to us, to help him improve ^^ That night we had English class and he came!! WHOOO! Super cool.
Then Saturday rolled around and the entire day we did a rummage sale with the ward!  We sold kids’ books and food. We had one of our investigators "Lee Gwag Jae", a 40 year old man, show up and get to know the members. He is so awesome! He hasn't had time to meet with us BUT, he came to church twice and to the sale! We need to teach him fast like! 
Then on Sunday, it was fast Sunday for us because we had stake conference last week. So some members where kinda...just yeah, I’ll talk more about that later. Anyway, we had 4 investigators come to church WHOOOO!!! And one has a baptismal date for the 24 of this month so I need to do all I can for that.  But yeah the member who is being a pill and his two friends came to church and they left after the second hour its kinda getting...just yeah. So after that whole thing kinda made me mad. Then after church ended as I was saying good bye to our investigators my ward mission leader told me (in a ticked off tone) to get our ward correlation meeting started. So I had to briefly say goodbye to everyone and then run and see if we had any bread left so I could take some to our member who lives an hour away. But alas I was too late all the young men ate it (due to the fast Sunday) and so I had to run into the correlation meeting and get things started; we were running out of time because we had to go visit our old member. So I quickly explained what was going on and where we needed help and then my ward mission leader asked me where we needed help and then chewed me out for having a meeting and not knowing where we need help. I kind of got a little mad ばば so I kindly told him that we needed help with finding fellow-shippers and with our member that's holding back our investigators. He must have sensed I was stressed because he kinda cooled down. But we had to bounce early and he didn't seem too happy about that either, which again angered me. So we left, got some bread and a bottle of water and made our one hour trek to the hospital. As we got there we introduced our selves again to some new people and we blessed and passed the sacrament. It was elder Roberson’s first time and he did well. Then afterwords our member broke it down and said that next time we meet he wants us to give him a blessing, He said his heart is at 30% heart rate and he might not be alive for much longer...he told us he is going to die soon. And for his dying wish, he looked at Roberson and told him to "LEARN KOREAN” he promised him a lot of things in Korean that I surprisingly understood and that Elder Roberson kinda understood too. It was a really heart wrenching and spiritual moment, and before we left he told us that the most powerful thing we have is our testimony. I asked him to share his and he said one sentence and got uninterrupted by someone entering the room. But I could just feel his power; it was so strong in the faith. His last moments on earth and he is referring people and remembering the Lord. So after that we had a lot of things to think about. 
After that, we had to book it too a members house for a dinner appointment, and man was it good!!! The food was Amazing! We build really good relationship and helped him with some ideas about his son who will be going on a mission in April and He asked us to help him haul some bricks up some stairs on Saturday! We are super stoked!

Man this was a packed week I hope you all enjoyed reading because it was hard to write. HAHA
I love you all! Keep the faith
And may the force be with you.