Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I DON'T LIKE SPAM!


Haha the title for today's letter is really funny because spam is food gold here. They put it in almost everything and yet it cost like 6 bucks for a little can...bummer.

Anyway hello family!
Well it was a fun and interesting week this week! Lots of fun meetings!
First part of the week we had temple day!!! Yes, I’ve missed the temple so much, missed the spiritual boost up it brings in my life. Every time we are there I can feel the spirit and the love that God has for me. I never want to leave when I’m there.  After Temple we had a special meeting for all the old missionaries that where "dying” and I got to see my "father" Elder Willoughby give his last words for all of us missionaries, it was a nice boost as well.
Then as you know the next big event was Thanksgiving! We were invited to have thanksgiving at an American family’s house, and they were super nice! I tried to be super helpful when they were getting everything ready, and I tried to be the best missionary example I could. For The family that sacrificed so much for a lot of missionaries to have the closest American thanksgiving dinner they could have. I was very grateful for their kind hospitality. As I was dishing up some turkey I had a crazy flash back of when I would stand like a vulture behind Mom and wait for her to either to notice me or look away from the turkey so I could grab a little piece of the Turkey. I almost broke out in tears with the thought of spending thanksgiving with my family. But I was lucky to have a Father in heaven that was watching over me and giving me the feelings that I craved.  Afterwards it was a normal week...except for Sunday, go figure! But on Sunday our Progressing/ almost member investigator sister (park), had just recently moved and all that was left was for us to teach her one more lesson and then baptism. She called us on Sunday and said she had moved closer to another ward and that she would go there and get baptized by those missionaries. AAAAHHHHH. Needless to say I was not a happy person. Don’t get me wrong she is still getting baptized but I was just hoping that I would have gotten the experience that every missionary longs for knowing that the soul that you worked hard for has accepted the gospel. I know she has and she is super excited about baptism and I’m happy she has found the right path. Oh well I’ll just have to try harder I guess. 
Anyway that’s my letter for this week 
I love you all
I pray for every one of you, I will pray hard for the problems that you are going through.
Keep the faith
And may the force be with you