Golly gee this week
went by fast! Transfers happened and now I’m serving in...교문 (kyow moon)
whoooooo!
It’s crazy here, it’s
a really big area. My entire area is bigger than Seoul city! Wow. And boy is it
country! My new companions name is 배성혜 (bae song hyae). He is 22 and really good at English luckily.
He gave me
a real Korean name that fits me better so I think I’m going to stick
to this one. Its "shin nam chin" it means "new boyfriend"
matches my English name. Also my second day here my Comp (Korean
companion) asked me to give him a blessing...in Korean. Yeah that was my first
time ever saying it so needless to say I was nervous. I was lucky our mission
book had the blessing prayer in it. Then that same day my chair broke I was a
little sad about that.
After a few days I met the bishop, our ward mission
leader, and a couple other members who were all super super nice to us. I felt
that the Lord has put me in a great ward a second time. I wondered to myself, "how
I can help this ward?" “How can I be a blessing to them?” I soon will find
out. I have noticed a trend, when I show my family pictures to members they
always always point out Dad's pictures and always say, "Rock Star?"
or "Oh very handsome" its super awesome I love it. So I’m sure Dad
loves it too. Right now it is FREEZING COLD here. Snow has fallen and the winds
go right through your bones. Terrific. On Sunday I had to shovel snow in
our church parking lot. It was my first time ever shoveling snow.
New experiences all around! Then after that I gave my intro talk to
the ward and they thought I did well. I got A LOT of complements from it! They
were happy that I could at least understand Korean. It was hard for them
before with some other missionaries, being greenies there. But the ward is
super nice always talking care of the missionaries. Just the other day a member
gave us presents! Wow so cool.
I will attach some pictures on here so you
can see the fun times going down here. As for now that’s about the week I will
right more next time when there is more to talk about.
Keep the Faith
And may the force be
with you




