Sunday, November 4, 2012

It's funny, isn't it? How your best friend can just blow up like that?



Happy Days Family
Well this week was a good one, my two new comps got used to the area and the people around. We can’t do too much walking because Elder (Lee) has major back problems and it’s no good if we walk around, and same with elder Greer, his knee has no padding so if we walk around too much it will destroy his knee. We go to a chiropractor twice a week for Elder Lee, and the chiropractor took a look at Elder Greer's knee, and said bad things are happening with it, so we are making calls and visiting investigators and members. Trying to keep them off their problems. 
This week we thought it would be good to introduce our members and investigators to a traditional American culture, Halloween. Yes, the three of us put together a little Halloween party on Wednesday and a lot of kids came and it was fun! We had bobbing for apples and a moon pie line (our version of doughnut line, because doughnuts are super pricey),a ping pong tournament, musical chairs and finally drawing on persimmons It was a riot and very crazy I’m glad that my two comps could handle a lot of it and build really good (jang- it’s a mix of good feelings and friendship) with the members!




Then this Sunday was fast and testimony meeting, and for the entirety of my stay in 시흥 "I" have had a problem with a sweet spirit that's in a challenged body, her mind does not function properly. But all I know is that she like missionaries, specifically... likes me. She has shown up to church at least 3 times and every time she has proposed marriage to me...gulp! Ever since she has come to church all of the members have strait up told us to teach her! This wouldn't be a problem if we hadn't already tried that and seen that she mentally can't understand. But no matter how many times I tell my ward mission leader these things, he refuses to listen. So this past Sunday they brought her up again as we had our missionary meeting. We again proceeded to tell them again of all the events that have led up to that point with this lady. Then our ward mission leader told us that we needed to meet with her again. So I told my comps "no time like the present" and I gave her a call to come to church. And she showed up! Then during fast and testimony meeting, she got up on the stand and proceeded to tell the whole ward that she is a person that doesn't eat a lot of food because she thinks every time she eats, someone in the world dies......Yeah needless to say the ward stopped talking to us about her. Doesn't mean she doesn't call us 5 times a day. And it’s better if we don't pick up the phone. 
Also this week with our investigator that was supposed to get baptized didn’t.  She told us she needed a week break from lessons and other things, so we reset the baptism date for this Saturday. She was just going through a bunch of husband drama, that she felt really comfortable telling us about. So we listen and told her we would meet later. Yeah, over all, that has been the extent of the week. A lot of crazy and a lot of discouragement but its ok, I’m still happy. Being 15 hours away from all of you I'm starting to feel the gap between me and all of you, I just want all of you to know I really do love you and I miss you so much. I pray for you and your little families. 
I love you all
Keep the faith
And may the force be with you 

Elder Beau J Sanderson