Sunday, July 1, 2012

GOOOOOOOOD MORNING NEVERLAND!!!!!


Well it is July 2nd here in good ol' South Korea. Monsoon season is fast approaching I got a taste of it two days ago. (So here come the rain and backed up sewers!!!!) 
Elder Willoughby and I have been trying really hard to get investigators and start bringing less active members in to the church! SUPER DIFFICULT!!! But not impossibleDescription: https://mail.google.com/mail/e/360Koreans are crazy fun here always willing to be funny and happy.

Q and A time yes!
(Because I don’t know what to talk about)
Trina:  How do you like the food? Great! I haven't had anything that is terrible! Yet!
What things have you eaten? A lot of bread, cereal, noodles, rice, and kimchee lots of that. And some others that I can’t explain I’ll send some pictures when I can take them.
What is your apartment like? Luckily, we are not in an apartment we are in a little house next to the church...like right next to it. Again I’ll send pictures when I can take some. (I need to be taking more).

 Mom: How are you?  I’m happy as I can be here I love it!
  Where do you live? I live in 서대몬 (so deh moon).
  What does it look like? Buildings! Buildings everywhere!!!
 How much walking are you doing? A bunch...we try to stay away from public transport if necessary.
  How long does it stay hot? From 8 am to 8 pm. It's not as hot as St. George, but very humid.
 Are the seasons the same? When the seasons change, they change overnight. So in winter it goes from rainy and humid to cold and dry. , and vice versa. Spring is the best time of the year here.
 Do most people speak Korean to you? Most of the time they see a big white guy, so they think they need to say as much Korean as they know. One old man just walked up to me and said "I love you", and I said I love you right back!
  How big is your apartment? No apartment, just a little white shack by the church.
  What is the street that you live on? We actually don’t live on a street, here no one does we live in an ally way ha-ha it’s so weird everything is just stacked on each other.
 Do you live in a tall apartment? Nope, tiny tiny little shack.
 What’s city life like? Very busy and crazy! Everyone always moving and going. There are COPS EVERYWHERE!!! The other day I counted 20 just chilling on one street corner. They don’t do anything though because nothing goes on here.
 Where do you do your laundry? We have one washer in the house and a close line inside the house.
  Do you have to cook for yourselves? Yes...We cook ramen! We have started a food chart and we are getting food today.
  What’s your favorite food so far? It’s all really good, they have this thing called "done casa" a breaded meet and cheese thing. It’s good.
  Do the members help with meals or are you on your own? Not a lot, bishops wife just gave us some chips, sausages, and a half a bag of rice. She is so sweet.
  
Sorry today's letter is lame I’ll try and get a better one to you all next time.
I love you all! Thank you sooooooooo much for the emails. 
-Elder Beau J. Sanderson