Sunday, July 29, 2012

Stuck in the middle with you


So... transfers this week. I'm still here Soh Deh moon with my trainer! One of our zone leaders, Dean Chongno is the new AP whoo! So his companion is staying with us for a few days. PARTY!!! No just lots of missionary work.

Also last P-day we were able to go to the Seoul Temple and do a session. Not in Korean sadly but I was able to understand and do the session and that's all that matters. Also on P-day I got a side bag! Yes you know me I love side bags. This one is slick and holds all the things I need it to hold.

We had a Zone Blitz (Zone Blitz is where everyone in the zone gets together in one area and helps that area with missionary work) with the whole zone. I and one of the offices Chongno Choi min gee. We went cah cah ho ho ing (means Door to door) so knocking on doors. We went to this huge apartment complex and half way through the cah cah ho ho, we started to act like SWAT.  Every time we went down the stair case we would "move out” and sneakily approach the next floor. It was fun.

Also this week in English class, one of the students (1 out of 3) took out a piece of paper that had all of the "Hey Jude" lyrics on it and made me sing it while class was going. It was an interesting moment. One I don’t think I will forget.

Also, yesterday we fasted for Mr. Kim our investigator. As we were meeting with him throughout the week we noticed that he wasn't paying attention to the lessons, because we have to teach him at his store, so we get interrupted a lot. So on Sunday we had an appointment to meet with him and we met and he got caught up in the spirit. It was a  very great moment. We are going to give him a date this week I can’t wait. Also on Sunday we met with an old investigator and she loves the missionaries. When we met with her she kept trying to get us something to eat. It was a huge temptation because we were fasting, but we prevailed so we just sat in an ice cream store and had some water while we got to know her. She invited us to have dinner at her house! MMMM homemade Kimchi!

I was reading in the Liahona (ensign) and I kept coming across family things, they just stuck out to me so I thought I would share my thoughts with my family. 
Since everyone is having or has children, it is essential that you raise them with an eye to the lord. A lot of the LDS families I have seen have at least one sibling leave the church and don't return. Why? I’m not blaming the parents, but maybe warning others. That if we raise our young'uns the way the Lord has asked through the prophets, I promise that your families will not fail or falter. They will be strong and united! And there are times when it is hard to teach your kids or to help them, but "we need not fear the Lord can do anything". That’s why we should never stop trying to teach them and to help them, and show them the way. I am not a parent. I cannot speak as if I am one. In fact I have the least amount of parent ship hood out of everyone that this message goes out to. But I listen to the Prophets and read their words, in almost everything this church talks about is family oriented. Families are ordained of God, I know that we are sent down to earth and have the families we have for a reason. I have learned a lot from my family, and I hope to pass the knowledge to my children. So I ask that as your children grown, teach them the importance of families and this gospel it will bless them their families and your family for eternity. I know this to be true, through God nothing is impossible. I know this gospel blesses families if only they will listen.

I love you all
Ricqui keep up the hard work 
 -Elder Beau Sanderson