Monday, June 25, 2012

KIM CHIE?


Hello family and friends!  I'm super happy I get to write you. Yah!

Well I'm finally here in the wonderful land of Korea full of little Korean people! I arrived here on the 19th (your 18th because Korea is a day ahead [that screwed up my journal]). As soon as we stepped foot out of our massive airplane, we were sweating sooooo bad! It is summer right now, where it is not as hot as St. George, but EPICLY humid. Never in my life have I been this wet and hot at the same time. After we got off the plane, the APs took us on the subway (very new for me) and had us pass out Books of Mormon. I gave out one!!! (Just because the AP helped me out a ton!!!)

It is SOOOOO CRAZY here. Buildings that touch the sky, people always driving and always moving. The roads here are insane, everyone drives Asian...EVERYONE. Since we can't drive here we take the public transportation (i.e. Subway, bus) it’s cheap and way nice, still crazy, so we stick to walking a lot.

The people here are really nice. Always happy to see a big white guy on the street, we always try to stop and shake their hands. Right now my trainer, Elder Willoughby, and I don't have any investigators because they dropped before I got here, but we are always working to get in contact with them and finding more people. Everyone here works, works, works, and if there not working there going to work. So it’s hard to try and stay in contact with them and set up appointments.

On Sunday, I gave my welcome talk in our ward. I said who I was, where I'm from, and that I want to meet all the members. Our church that we are in was the first church built in Korea!! And one of the members in our ward was the first Bishop in Korea!! He is kind of prideful of it, but I would be too. Our ward is really small I think 25 people came to church on Sunday, so we are working on less actives as well. A lot of our members are Harmony's (grandmas) then we have some grandpas as well. We have very few youth in the ward. So we are working hard to bring more people to our church.

Oh man! Pops, you would love it here! There are little shops of just random stuff everywhere. You never know what is in them, and everything is super cheap. I haven’t bought anything, YET… but I have time. Also on the streets there are a bunch of little old ladies selling fish, fruit, veggies, roots, and pretty much anything.

IAN guess what most of the population wears? That’s right you guess it, Tactical vests!!!! They just wear them everywhere. It’s a fashion statement for the older generation I guess, I freaked when I first saw them. It blew my mind.

So as of now it is Monday here in Korea, I love the people here. I can’t understand them, but they are always happy! And I love this work; I have already received blessings and miracles!

I love you all I hope you can come to Korea one day (maybe when I get off my mission) because I know you would love it here. And all the Koreans would love to have you here (they love foreigners)  2 Nephi 25:26

Love --
Elder Beau J Sanderson

I forgot some things so this is a P.S.
On Thursdays we teach English it is so much fun, the people are always happy and ready to learn, they always ask questions and I try to answer them.