Sunday, March 30, 2014

Aloha From Korea

Shalom friends and family!
This week was a busy one and i still feel that exhausted! 
 
So another Tina story for the books this week, she went out drinking again...and this time she asked if me and my companion could meet her when she is done, so we could get her home safely... We wanted to help but the strong warning was "NO" so we listened and instead i just had her call me when she got near her house to make sure she was alright. She still does not want to listed to much to the Gospel, but considers us good friends. So we lost her as an investigator,she has potential but not right nowㅠㅜ However she now has a member friend that lives in the same complex as her and we had a dinner with all of us together. and it was good. We all had a great time and we gave her a journal that she can write her thoughts in and forget them! Hopefully that works.
 
We had Temple this past week!!! NEW VIDEO IS THE BEST, i really did not want it to end! and i looked at things in so many different ways! i love going to the Temple and feeling so much more closer to God and feeling his spirit and the love he has for me despite all of my weaknesses and imperfections.
 
Oh yeah, my companion complained that we don't eat fish at the house. No one in the house agreed with him. So one day he went and bought a fish from the market and took it home. While the rest of us ate some meat that we had he cooked up some nice fish with all kinds of goodies on top and
 
the next day after Temple he threw up at a train station --  Ah white boyz... It was quite interesting and sadly amusing. He has sworn off fish from that point on.
 
Also another funny moment with the comp, was when we went knocking on doors and we chose to go into a complex where the light on the staircase did not work. So as we made our way up 4 flights of stairs it was dark (it being almost 8),  So I took the opportunity to let him know that in every horror movie that was the exact situation you need to avoid ... then I took the liberty of opening up the phone and using its little light I started to breath heavily and panic.  He told me to knock it off and played off like there was nothing.  As knocked on all the doors their was not a single answer. We made our way down the stairs to the basement level...again place you don't want to be when in horror movie.  As we walked down the stairs I checked under the stairs with the light and said "Hello little girl."  I could hear my companions heart stop!  He turned and saw nothing but me grinning.  He shrugged it off and knocked on the last door.  As the knocking ended a high pitched sequel screeched from the other side of the door.  My companion, with a look of terror almost booked it out of the stairwell if I hadn't been blocking him. With me blocking him, he stopped and recognized the sound was from a little poodle dog.  Realizing that it was harmless he resumed his place in front of the door with a heroic stance and creed that he muttered  "I knocked on the door, I can't run away."
 
Whoo boy I couldn't let him live that one down!  Great night for knocking on doors that's for sure.
 
Saturday was again a nuts day, we had Easter party for camp Humpreyes in the morning and we stayed there until 12ish, super fun to see kids running, screaming, crying...ah Easter.
 
Then we ran back to our church on the other side of a different city and met with a family that lives super close to the church. They loved my new comp and we talked for a while and they where very kind and generous, we are hoping that they will stay active in coming out to church more.
 
Then we had to meals with members one right after the other...blugh.
 
First we met with the Young family, they are awesome and so much fun they are a great family and you can tell God is a big part in their lives. Just by how happy they are all together. They have 3 girls all under 8 I think and they just are so happy.  Then we had to hightail it out of there (after sharing a message) to get to the church. There we met up with the ward mission leader and his wife and all the other missionaries and they took us to go eat some fried pork cutlet...I almost died. then to top things off I played ping-pong with my comp and some members. Good day right??

Oh on Sunday, we went to all three Wards and when we showed up to the Korean session I saw a lady in the back who definitely wasn't from Korea. So I hopped back to where she was sitting and found out she was from Australia and that she didn't speak any Korean, so the rest of that day was Translating... my Korean is terrible! but I liked the practice. I knew that she would be coming because a former sister who served in the same mission(s) as she was from her same ward and she sent me a LAVA LAVA by way of friend -- So lets just say...that was a great Sunday

That is the highlights of this week, quite all over the place but still super fun!
Thanks for reading and your support.
I love you all, keep the faith, and may the force be with you.