Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What? You set fire to Rick's bedroom? I think that's a really selfish thing to do Vyvyan. I was hiding in there - you could have given me away!


 Wow, one week more down, crazy!

This past week for mother’s day it was nice to talk to you all. I needed it. Also after that we played badminton in the church with the sisters and then when P-day was over we all went out and jondoed. Haha. 
Then on Tuesday I woke up to a splitting headache. Turns out I caught a cold from shaking too many people’s hands so That sucked, but I kept going!  We had English class and it was good we got a lot of them to come and they all sang and had a grand old time. They almost have the song down. Looks like I’ll be sending a dance video home soon. Haha.  
 We had an opportunity to visit our loving members who are also ward missionaries, they love mission work and they really want to help so I gave them a commitment to pray and try to find someone to introduce to the church. They really wanted that.
 We have been on a finding spree lately not that we have found too many people but, we have been looking like crazy! It’s been exasperating. But with our efforts we saw many blessings.
 We met with a kid who has met with missionaries before, but the only reason he met with them was to play. I had met with him once with Elder Roberson and could see that he just wanted to play, so I didn't want to keep going. Then when Elder Lee came in to the area he thought we should pick him up. The reason he even came up was because he had been texting us morning and night saying "goodnight" and "good morning". I had felt he had a slight mental problem. We made an appointment with him, and got ready to meet. However he was almost 45 minutes late. So while we were waiting we found a Cambodian man who was having trouble with his bags so we helped him with his bags and got him a taxi. He was so thankful that he took our card and gave us his number. Anyway after our kid investigator showed up we had another appointment in a half hour. So we met at a train station and talked, and as we were talking someone called, "Sanderson?" I looked back and saw a foreigner that I had ran into before. We talked while my Comp talked with the kid and she said she wanted to learn more about the church! So I got her number and sent it to the sisters. 
Then I talked with the kid a little bit more than we had to go.
 The next day we had our ward picnic!!! SO much fun, a lot of friend building time! But we invited the Kid and he came and stuck to us like some red colored Jell-O. It was Ok because we were fellow-shipping so we made him do it too. Also I had a thought to invite that foreign lady that I had met the day before. She said "sure" and even brought a friend. Whoo! He was Korean and so while I and Sister Goodwin taught the first lesson to the foreign lady my Comp and a member taught her friend.
After that they both wanted to learn more! So awesome! 
After the picnic we had to do our weekly planning fast, because we ran out of time, and we had a new investigator to teach. So after planning we ran to meet him. He was referral from SLC temple. He visited and had a lot of questions about it. As of right now he is not too interested in finding the true church but he is willing to find out more!!!
 Then On Sunday we waited 30 minutes before church for our kid investigator, we again set the time to meet 30 minutes before but when we texted him he said he was eating breakfast and that he was going to be late. We said ok but hurry. Then after a while we wondered what was going on. So we texted to see where he was, then a couple of minutes later his father called us and told us to never call again.... That was a nice start to the Sunday. Then we were late for church and didn't get a chance to have sacrament until after and then found out our ward mission leader got released and now it’s just the bishop. Then after church we had a huge pressured filled meeting to 1. GET BAPTISMS and 2. BE BETTER AT KOREAN. It was just a nuts Sunday...blugh.

Well that all for this one
I love you all, keep the faith
And may the force be with you