Hi
family!
How goes it? I’m
jealous that Trina and her family got to go to Disneyland! Dang, one day...
So this week was
interesting.
On Monday we met
up with Brother Hahn (my old ward mission leader from my greenie days).
We went to a palace in
the middle of Seoul; it’s one of the Nations treasures. So Brother Hahn called
and wanted to go together. So we went with him. It was really fun, that old guy
kept us running we were behind him the whole time. He was powering through it
all and laughing away it was great. Then when we stopped to get a bite to eat,
a lady asked to use our phone. So being the missionary I said "sure".
Little did I know she was going to do her job with our phone. She whipped out
her Rolodex and started calling while we were eating. After I got the phone
back (pried it from her hands), we vowed to never let that happen again. Then
we continued on our adventure. It was fun spending time with the old man. I
even took my Companion to my old stomping grounds (the palace is right next to
my greenie area) and we got into my old church, which is now not being used. And
we walked around and I reminisced. Then afterword’s we made it back and
emailed, then bounced to our member’s house. They are from America but living
in Korea for a little while. So it was nice to talk with them and eat some
really good food. It was a fun day.
Then on Tuesday we
got a call from one of our members who is an English teacher. She needed help
with a paper for her student. So I made all the corrections and we all talked
for a bit. Then she took us out to a Korean traditional restaurant that was really
really yummy. Man did we enjoy it. Then right after that, our Zone leaders
called and told us they arrived in our area. I proceeded to ask why. They said
they made an appointment to do a jon-do activity together in our area....we had
no idea. So we got there and had a grand time talking to people. While we were
doing that we ran into a less active that was baptized a couple years back. We
talked for a bit and then found out where he worked and planned to give him a
visit. That truly was a blessing. After that we got ready for English class.
Around that time I started to just feel terrible. Not happy at all. No energy,
nothing. So the first part of English class was kinda lame but then I told myself
"if I can’t be happy for myself then be happy for the Koreans" I
perked up a bit more after that and made it better at the end. So after every
English class we get to share gospel messages, this time it was the sisters
turn and they bounced before they shared anything. Leaving us with nothing. So I
taught one of our English class members about prayer and how to pray. And asked
him to pray. After that I and elder lee fell like we could pick him up as an
investigator.
The next day we had
District meeting. Right before D meeting we played some other Elders at Ping-Pong
and we kicked their trash. They were not too happy, so after D meeting they
wanted a re-match, so we played them and as we were winning one if the other Elders
ripped his pants. So we took him quickly to a Taylor and she had him put on a
skirt while she fixed his pants. The three of us Elders could not stop
laughing. It was funny. Then we and the sisters all went out and jon-do-ed
before and appointment with a member. As we were talking to people Elder Lee
suggested that we visit that in-active we met the other day. So we went to his
work and found out it’s a batting cage. When we showed up, the man immediately
pulled up three chairs and started to let it out. We tried to listen but the
man spoke so softly. We did our best and shared some scriptures. While we
talked with him he told me to go hit some balls. So I did and Elder Lee was
able to do some one on ones with him. Then I and Elder Lee switched and I did
some one on one. We are trying to reactivate him. Then we went to our
appointment with our member. She is the missionary's mother she loves them. So
she took us to a really expensive meat restaurant and told us to eat. Then she
vanished and didn't come back until we finished eating most of the food. She
saw we had little food left and said eat more and she had ordered more meat. We
were going to die. The Sisters pooped out on eating, half way in. So I and
Elder Lee ate like 3/4 of the meal. It was nuts. Then we walked with the member
and had some good relation building time. Then on our way home Elder Lee
really wanted some ice cream. So we went to our guy who we always go to and it
turns out that he is the father of one of our English class members!! So the dad
gave us free ice cream! We have visited many time since.
On Thursday we
had to practice our dance for the English class members. And man did I fail
hard. Its ok they liked it.
Then on Friday we
fasted hard core. And we were able to see blessings from it. Some contacting it
was good. Then we broke our fast with a meat buffet...I have broken the word of
wisdom hard core this week. Too much meat. So I was feeling fat. Blugh. But as
of recently we have been doing better... with food. Then at night time we got a
call from bishop saying we had to sing and give a talk in church this week....I
started to prepare.
On Saturday we
visited our bishops’ house for lunch and the bishops’ wife fed us...meat!! So
much of it its ok, I like meat. We shared a message and we had a really good
time.
Then we did a lot of
jon-do and then prepared our song that we needed to sing. I had to stay up a
little bit later to finish writing my talk (a lot latter)
Then Sunday came.
And it wasn't a peaceful one. We got to the church early so we could practice
the song with the Sister missionaries and the ward missionaries. However the
ward missionaries didn't show up. Except for one and he wasn't too happy to be
there. So after a little practice the sisters had to go pick up a foreign investigator
at the subway station. However she had woken up late and said to meet somewhere
different that was closer to the church. The sisters were already at the
station, so we told them to make it back to the church and we would go get her.
We brought her to the church and grabbed a member who was good at English to
translate while we had to give our talks and sing. Then after words the
investigator bounced but they made an appointment to meet later that night. So I
and Elder Lee thought we could get some spiritual time in the gospel principles
class...Nope. The Class had decided that they would turn that class into
"Missionary roll play class" So now we practice with members during
that time. So, I’m all for it. Then the third hour was dragged out by two
members that shared some insightful knowledge on nothing pertaining to the
lesson, went over by 10 minutes. Then had a wonderful relaxing ward lunch, and
then got pulled into another meeting. Yeah the wonderful life that is
missionary work.
After all that Elder Lee and I went out and jon-doed and went to appointment that we had. However
the appointment got cancelled 10 minutes after he didn't show. So we called and
rescheduled. Then we got a call from the Sisters dragging us into the meeting
with the foreign investigator. I’m not sure why, because they already had two
foreign members coming to help out. Then we found out that the investigator was
not coming so I turned it into a member roll play. I was exhausted after words.
Really busy Sundays.
But yeah that's my
week.
I love you all keep
the faith
And may the force be
with you.