Sunday, August 19, 2012

I'm a Dapper Dan Man!


Salutations family!
Thank you for sending emails, letters, and pictures!

I’m glad to see that the family is tugging along. Chugga chugga, chugga chugga, chugga chugga...toot! Toot!

Well I’m sorry it’s blistering hot in Utah, it’s no good here either. We get spits of rain but not enough to cool it down here! So it is just plain humid! Blugh! In fact on Monday we did a missionary activity with other missionaries, and when we needed to leave, it started to pour down rain; and sad to say we didn’t have our umbrellas. That was fun, we got hosed! And every night since then it has rained but when the sun comes out it stops then it gets like 70% humid.

So today is not my P-day for this week, because we get to go to the temple tomorrow.  Whenever that happens they switch our P-days to Tuesday. So right after the temple all the missionaries (and sometimes president) go to Taco Bell (yes we found one) nearby the temple, and partake in a feast!!!! Then the rest of the day is P-day. But just so the confusion doesn't mess up the Emailing we still do it on Mondays.

Speaking of emailing… this week we taught our ward mission leader (an 83 year old man) Brother (Hahn) how to email. He likes emailing old missionaries that came and left. He writes them in really broken English so he has me correct them. Haha. This week we will be showing him how to put pictures on emails; he is a silly old man!

Speaking of English, English class was crazy again! We talked about families and showed our family books. While we were doing that, one of the English class members, "Gloria" is her English name, kept looking at mine and Elder Willoughby’s. With mine she was going to steal a picture of little Joe (I was not going to let that happen), and with Elder Willoughby’s she was going to take a picture with her phone of his picture with his shirt off (he is a wrestler I think its required to have multiple shots of you with your shirt off). So we quickly snatched our family books out of her hand before anything could happen. It was Swift! Really really Swift! After English class, the sisters in the area next to us that come to help with English class, decided that I needed a Korean name, so they thought about it for a bit and now my Korean name is "신태수" (Sheen Teh Soo) and with Korean names each of the characters are Chinese so I was able to choose what my name means. So for me    신태수 means Great Guarding Spirit. I thought it was good.

So other than that not too much going on, just trying to find people to teach and talk with. But it’s hard here. But if it were impossible I still would be here trying to teach and testify. "With God anything is possible"
Keep the faith
Love
Beau J Sanderson