Nov 10, 2013
Hello family!
time and a half has gone by and i don't like it.
So
this week has been so much fun! I was able to stay with Elder Roberson
until Saturday(that's when transfers was). And all week we had been
visiting members and sharing messages with them. We visited that family
who has that little boy that cried. So yes their were more tears.
I was able to say goodbye to them all, and i gave the little guy
one of my tags and we were off. I am going to miss that family. Also we
where able to visit our investigators especially brother Kim and his
family(who are members) and they really didn't want me to go. We all sat
around and had good times then we had to go and meet another
investigator who we have been teaching English to her and her family.
For a while i had been trying to figure out why we have been continuing
to teach them. They have been meeting the missionaries for over 6 years
and haven't really changed. I found out they haven't been taught
everything but they just didn't know. So i thought what i was doing with
them was only English. But when we all met at the "Big Mac Shack" to
say our goodbyes. The mother told me that when she was at work she
looked up our church on line!! She said she wanted to know about our
church!^^ i was so happy! So now elder Roberson has a great family to
teach. I miss all of themㅠㅜ
Also we had a crazy week of service! So the people from
the culture center called us and asked if we could help out. THEY
CALLED US!!!
So we agreed. We went over there and they said
its three days long and its just keeping people from running all over
the place. By people i mean kids... they put on a concert for the local
schools around the area. So schools upon schools came! and it was
awesome! it was the Korean blue man group with a clown for the
transitions. Absolutely fantastic! We helped allot and all the kids
loved it when they walked in the room and two giant white guys greeted
everyone with "Hello", "how are you", "Hi". they loved it. In fact all
their teachers were pushing them all to talk to us.^^
Then with allot of teachers and helpers we got to kind of introduce
ourselves and the church.^^ such a cool service project!! I said
goodbye to everyone at the culture center and they all really didn't
want me to go! I didn't either,I wanted to stay and help for ever.^^ but
it happened. One of the ladies (kinda head boss) said that i "was just
like her son",Almost got teary. It has been great to see that over the
times i have spent serving has helped the Korean people warm up to
missionaries and the church in the area. I wish i could have done so
much more, but i feel like i have helped it grow to accepted the
church.^^
Then transfers happened...I am now in pyungteck. and
loving it!! First real day me and elder Pruner got along just great. I
realized that he has been having some struggles on the mission and
president even said that he has close ties with elder Pruner so i lo
oks like I'm being his Dad, he needs some help finding his Korean. Which wont be to hard. He already has the fire missionary work will be kicking. In fact the first day i showed up i called our ward missionary leader in the military branch who is less-active, and we where able to get an appointment with him to meet him at his house on Sunday, it was fantastic!! The other elders in my house, Elder Atkin and Elder Breinholt they are all hilarious. We all get along just fine. and we all want to work hard. Also sisters came into the area...i don't like them that much but i guess they are here to do work so yeah...
oks like I'm being his Dad, he needs some help finding his Korean. Which wont be to hard. He already has the fire missionary work will be kicking. In fact the first day i showed up i called our ward missionary leader in the military branch who is less-active, and we where able to get an appointment with him to meet him at his house on Sunday, it was fantastic!! The other elders in my house, Elder Atkin and Elder Breinholt they are all hilarious. We all get along just fine. and we all want to work hard. Also sisters came into the area...i don't like them that much but i guess they are here to do work so yeah...
So in my area i have a Korean ward and English branch. 6 hours of
church, just when i couldn't get enough back in the day^^ I love
everyone in all my wards. the English branch is a awesome taste of home
and the Korean branch is crazy about missionary work. So i am ready to
do work. and i have already done allot of work with the ward and i plan
on doing a bunch more. Looks like me and elder Pruner will have pyungteck kicking soon^^
But that's in from the front lines. the work is moving and I'm loving it.
Let me know whats going. on I love you all, keep the faith and may the force be with you.